|Julkaisusarja ja numero:||24/2017|| |
|Tekijät:||Sirpa Kleemola, Martin Forsius|| |
The Integrated Monitoring Programme (ICP IM) is part of the effect-oriented activities under the 1979 Convention on Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution, which covers the region of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). The main aim of ICP IM is to provide a framework to observe and understand the complex changes occurring in natural/semi natural ecosystems.
This report summarizes the work carried out by the ICP IM Programme Centre and several collaborating institutes. The emphasis of the report is in the work done during the programme year 2016/2017 including:
• A short summary of previous data assessments
• A status report of the ICP IM activities, content of the IM database, and geo-
graphical coverage of the monitoring network
• A report on connections between calculated Critical Load exceedances and
observed fluxes and concentrations of nitrogen in runoff
• A report on concentrations of heavy metals in important forest ecosystem
• National Reports on ICP IM activities are presented as annexes.